As a child, I remember my mom always saying that we did not have a maid, meaning you'd better clean up your stuff cause there was no one else to do it. I guess as a grandmother, she's stepped it up a notch and told my children the maid had died when they stayed with her for the week. No big deal.
Well, last week Genevieve randomly told me in a very serious manner that, "Mema said the maid died." I could tell she meant it, so without letting my smile show, I asked if she knew what happened. She said, "I don't know," in a very worried voice. Then Abby pipes in, "I think we knew her when we were babies but we forgot her." It was so hysterical! One of those 'you had to be there' moments, but I had to make record of it and hope you can sense the hilarity in the situation.
Then again today, Michael asked Genevieve very seriously, "Do you know what happened?" She matter-of-factly answered, "the maid died." More laughter!!!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love to hear what kids have to say. They are so innocent and say the funniest things. This was a good one!
Soooo funny, thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment