Sunday, June 8, 2008

We Are Soldiers



This past week we had a disturbing situation. Our oldest, Ian, had to tell his
World Geography teacher that he did not watch rated R movies and was excused from class for two days. (He played video games in the library...our tax dollars at work!) The movie was We Are Soldiers. It got me thinking how youth today are definitely soldiers in the fight against Satan. The fight is real and it is an everyday battle. I am so grateful for Ian's example to stand steadfast and immovable. Today as our handsome young men all passed the sacrament in their uniform of the priesthood, I was reminded of Captain Moroni's stripling warriors. I hope I am teaching as those mothers taught, that my children will have no fear when facing thier battles that, "they had been taught by their mother, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." (Alma 56:47-48)




By the way, I talked to the principal at the school and she assures me she will take care of it. But I think there will still be many battles to fight.

No comments: