Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School





Our cute children on the first day of school....Ian (10th grade), Ellen (9th grade), Ethan (5th), Abby (3rd) and Genevieve (1st).
A few interesting things that have happened this first week:
Ian discovered he can get college credit for both his World History and Engineering classes...WooHoo!
Ethan had to be transferred out an ESL (English as a second language) Writing class. He said, "Mom, the teacher looked at my name and she pondered then said, 'oh well, you're name's on the list'." He was the only non-Hispanic in the class. (I love that he actually used the word "pondered"!)
Abby had a boy tell her she was a "babe" and would she go out with him? She said, "No Thanks!", of course. Scary stuff happening in the 3rd grade!
There's a sample of some of the interesting things that have already happened. I'm sure its only the beginning...




4 comments:

Leslie said...

I can't believe how old our kids are getting. On the way to Madison's middle school, we had a little heart to heart. I told her to imagine Macy's age of 6 and that she has less time than that left at home before she goes off to college. It put it in to perspective for her and me. It just seems like yesterday that Macy was born. Makes me sad but at the same time it's exciting to watch them go through things for the first time. When are you going to come up and visit?

Amanda Murdock said...

I love the 'English As A Second Language' class story. That is hilarious! You know Ethan Rogers sounds like a spanish name. :) I could understand the mishap, well at least after pondering it I can. :) Love you guys. Everyone looks so great. I hope the first week has gone well. Miss you all!!!

Audrey said...

Sounds like fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! They are all so grown up! We miss you guys tons! :) Ellen is gorgeous! I can't believe she is going to dances and in high school now! WOW!!! Give everyone big hugs from all of us! Love you guys! Jeanette