Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Trip to Utah








We took the Alpine Loop to Cascade Springs and back. It was beautiful! My ears started popping on the way down. Its way up there!



Tired of climbing.



Check out Ethan's face. He just noticed there were some yellow jackets on the tree next to him.


Ian with the biggest dandelion I've ever seen.




Steve giving Oscar an airplane ride. I wish I had been quick enough to video him evading his mom and Uncle Scott after he climbed on top of the hot tub. He's pretty quick! :)





Cute Luke!!!




Kim giving Scott a neck rub...where do I sign up!


Uncle Mike giving Nick and Isaac some pointers--all they need now is a deer!




At the temple...the wind got my hair in every shot.


Two weeks ago we spent a week in Utah visiting my family. We had a great time with my parents and my sisters and their families. The kids had lots of sleepovers with cousins and got very little sleep all week. I had a great time garage sale-ing with Mom and Kim. Kim scored!!! Michael and Ian went water skiing with brother-in-law, Deven and Ian almost drove off a mountain (not my favorite story). One of our favorite parts was our drive through the canyon, just Michael and I and the kids. It was so beautiful! We stopped a place called Cascade Springs. We saw a fawn and watched it climb the rocks from the road. And we almost ran over two chipmunks! We also had a fun barbecue at my sister Kim's house with everyone there. The weather was so nice and such a break from the Texas heat! We went on our last day to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in South Jordan. It was beautiful and the children really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

HOw did I miss this post? Our kids are getting so grown up...that's a euphymism (spelling?)for us getting old! What's up with that! Looks like you had a fantastic time!